This year I am preparing myself to handle these few but significant difficult parents, thanks to Barbara and Sue Gruber. Their 10 Tips to Deal with Difficult Parents Effectively will do the trick. Let's see....
1. Find common ground!
|We all want the same thing!|
2. Be Sensitive!
|That's their baby you're talkin' about!|
3. Keep Proper Records!
|Take note of dates, times of events|
4. Contact Parents!
|Catch them early!|
5. Give Specific Examples
Show them what you are working towards!
6. Caught off guard with a Question? Put off answering!
7. Confrontational? End the Meeting!
8. Too much info? Bring them back to focus on the child!
|You're not a therapist!|
9. Keep away from Family Disputes!
10. Watch Out for Hovering Parents! They volunteer for every thing!
Read the entire article HERE!