Tuesday 6 July 2021
Benefits of Boom Cards in Your Classroom
- The game-like format keeps students excited, motivated and engaged in the learning situation
- Students work independently on tasks which are self-correcting.
- Decks are self-checking in that students are given instant feedback on each task
- Decks can be differentiated to the needs of your students
- Decks can be assigned to individual students or the entire group.
- You can play preview up to 4 cards of any deck for free
- Individual cards in a deck can be hidden or the entire deck assigned according to skills targeted
- Reports can be generated for each student
- These paperless decks make it cost effective
- Creating an account gives you access to thousands of decks on the platform
- Students can play decks in two modes: Fast Play (student progress is not recorded in this mode) or Hyperlinked (student progress is recorded).
|Beginning S Blends|
|Diurnal vs Nocturnal Animals|
Sunday 4 July 2021
Keep your students well informed about how they should keep their classroom germ-free and healthy. These are great as a bulletin board display or they can be used as anchor charts for instruction when discussing the key rules of keeping themselves safe in their classroom. Reduced sizes are included for . Print Only the posters that you need.
|Black and white Posters|
|Colored Student Notebook Sheet|
Monday 28 June 2021
Teaching patterns to young children prepares them for the study of algebra which involves the understanding of patterns and relationships. A pattern is a series or objects, events or attributes that repeat based on an observable rule. A rule is a set way to calculate or solve the problem. Before children can even begin to interpret patterns they must be able to focus on one or more attributes of objects or situations. They must be able to make comparisons of similarities and differences in occurrences to establish relationships.
Patterns BOOM Cards
If you're looking for a great set of interactive task cards for practicing patterns then you have come to the right blog! Here are a few BOOM card decks available. In each activity students will drag and drop the correct picture to complete the pattern. The decks are available in six (6) patterns: AB, AAB, ABB, AABB, ABC and AABC patterns.
There are four (4) different themes: farm animals theme. forest animals, bugs and insects and ocean animals theme.
Friday 19 March 2021
Many students, at the early levels, struggle with writing simple and sentences. We constantly remind them of what a complete sentence looks like, but they still struggle to create their own correctly. A lot of work and repetition comes into play when it comes to sentence writing. It helps a lot when they are given the perfect visual clues and reminders to make the right connection. That's why I created these Parts of A Sentence Anchor Charts / Posters!
This resource includes 11 different anchor charts covering the parts of a sentence. Included are colored and black ‘n white full-page versions and mini versions. The mini versions are perfect for interactive notebooks, or students’ desks. They can also be used to guide your virtual teaching.
This pack includes:
- Parts of a Sentence (5 posters)
-Subject of a Sentence
-Predicate of a Sentence
-Object of a Sentence
-Finding the Subject
-What is a Phrase
-What is a Clause
If you're interested in these posters click HERE
Learn sight words with the Sight Word Buddies! These kindergarten sight words worksheets includes the first level of the Fry words or high...
Reading is the act of making meaning from the printed word, symbols or pictures in one's environment. Children are often taught to...
Have you ever heard of heart maps ? What are they all about? What do they look like? A heart map is a visual representation of what a stu...
Teaching children to write creatively is not something that you can complete at any one particular grade level. It involves a serie...